Hello all! Welcome to Vegan By Nature, my first episode cooking in nature. This vlog was filmed in the beautiful Sequoia National Forest in California. Camp food doesn’t have to be unhealthy. Here is a vlog showing you some recipes on how to make vegan camp food. So pack your tent and don’t forget these ingredients!
Vegan Breakfast Avocado Quesadillas
- Organic Corn Tortillas
- Vegan Mozzarella Cheese from Trader Joe’s ( recommended because it actually melts)
- Hot sauce of choice
Heat corn tortillas on both sides, add in vegan cheese, allow to slightly melt and add in cut up avocados. Eat with hot sauce if you like.
Vegan Sausage Hash
- Vegan Spinach Pesto Tofurky Sausage ( buy at some Ralph’s, Sprouts or Whole Foods)
- chopped onions
- chopped garlic
- chopped bell peppers
- chopped potatoes or sweet potatoes
- Nutritional Yeast ( adds nutty flavor, can get from Sprouts or Whole Foods)
- Vegetarian Mushroom Flavored Stir Fry Sauce (Asian Store lol)
- Bragg Amino Acid
- Optional Squeeze of lemon
Over medium heat, cook the potatoes first ( don’t follow what we did in the video lol). When slightly soft add in garlic, onions and bell pepper. Cut up the sausage and add in. As far as how much to add with the flavoring, we always just eyeball it. If you that doesn’t help add less, then you can always add more. The Bragg Amino Acid is salty so just a few drops.
Amy’s Organic Vegan Chili From A Can
- 1 can of Amy’s Vegan Chili (from Sprouts or Whole Foods)
- Sprinkle of Vegan Mozzarella Cheese from Trader Joe’s ( or any other vegan cheese)
- Squeeze of lemon
- Optional: Chips or Bread
- Optional: Beyond Beef ( We forgot to bring it but would have totally added it in)
Mix it all together over medium heat and eat plain or with chips or bread. Taah-Daah! Super simple and easy!
VEGAN SMORES (not featured on vlog)
- Vegan marshmallows ( from Trader Joes or Whole Foods) *marshmallows aren’t vegan because they contain gelatin, which is derived from collagen from various animal body parts…betcha didn’t know that huh)
- Vegan Graham Crackers, I use S’moreables from Whole foods because they are also gluten-free, you can get any that don’t have honey
- Vegan Dark Chocolate (Trader Joes or Whole Foods)
hMake them just like normal Smores, have fun! The Smores taste just the same, or actually even better because no animals were harmed hooray!
Hope this helps with veganizing your camping meals. Please comment below with any questions or comments and subscribe to my Youtube channel Loving and Alive
Thanks for watching and reading!